If you like Facebook and Picasa, then this is the ultimate solution! If you don’t like the Facebook photo uploader, Picasa can help. I use two things that really make my life easier, one is called the “Picasa Uploader” and the other is “Picasa Tab”. So which is right for you? Maybe it’s both! Picasa Tab adds your Picasa Gallery to Facebook, and the Facebook Button goes into the bar at the bottom of Picasa, so you can send photo’s straight to Facebook.
Picasa uploader, is a Facebook button for Picasa, so you can upload straight from inside Picasa into your Facebook Page.
This is what it looks like inside Picasa. To get started,
- You can download it HERE.
- In the list that pops up, select the new “Facebook” button and click “Add” to place it in the button tray.
This is assuming you have Picasa installed, you do right?
Picasa Tab, on the other hand, is a Facebook Application that adds a Picasa Tab for Facebook making it easy and fast to display anyone’s Picasa Gallery right from inside facebook.
From their page “Picasa Tab for Facebook enables you to display photos uploaded to Google’s Picasa service in a Facebook Tab.” That’s pretty simple isn’t it?
To get started:
- Goto http://www.facebook.com/picasatab
- Add the application by pressing the button in the upper left.
- It will ask for your username for google, so if you E-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org then username is all you need to put in.
- Don’t forget to press the “+” sign on your Tabs to actually “Add” the tab to your profile!
That’s it! Now your Picasa albums will show up on your facebook profile!