Unable to find verification key, please try again – if this is an error, report this bug.
This can have a few reasons for happening, but patience and persistence paid off for me. Here are some tips for when/if you get the error.
- Disable any caching plugins on your site that may be handing out the old feed.
- Make sure you have a post in your feed that contains the ID number, if your feed limit the post length then the feed may not have the complete id number needed to verify your feed.
- Disable Feedburner, and try to bypass feedburner when using the Digg v4 Feed Import validation.
- When all else fails try again in 10 mins….
- And remember, the ID can be anywhere in the feed, but I recommend in the first sentence of your latest post, not in the title, as the title may get shortened on some CMS’s out there.
Good luck! Happy Digging!