With so many FTP clients to choose from, finding the ‘right’ one can be a daunting task.
I’ve tried so many, from CuteFTP, FireFTP and even used Windows Explorer for FTPing, and I’ve found that FileZilla is a fast and reliable FTP client with lots of handy features. It supports resume on both downloads and uploads, timeout detection, firewall support, SOCKS4/5 and HTTP1.1 support, SSL, SFTP and more, all with an intuitive drag and drop interface.
Some Stand-out Features from typical FTP software
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
- IPv6 support
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Tabbed user interface
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable transfer speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory comparison
- Remote file editing
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search