Well I got bored one night, and you know how bored evenings can go and I created a Shiny new WordPress 3+ theme named 2Clone.
TL;DR… Goto bottom for Demo and Download Links
I’ve been thinking of 2leep a lot lately and thought that their layout would make for an interesting theme. So I set out on making it into a wordpress theme, cause it looked like it would be easy and a good place to start off as my first theme. Yes, this is my first WordPress Theme I’ve ever released, so be kind, but any pointers is appreciated. The concept behind this theme is not to make a link exchange, or to spoof 2leep. It’s actually a pretty neat theme when you start playing with it. Contributions are also welcome, in the form of code or cash! Just let me know what you think in the comments!
- Full Auto Thumbnails. Don’t worry about them, other than setting the cache folder to 777
- Front Page sorts posts by Comments, Most Views,Randomly(Shuffle) and by Newest
(Tracked Automatically via Custom Post MetaData aka Custom Fields)
- Custom Menu for the Top nav. Simpley choose what categories you want and add them to the menu.
- Best Ever, just add any post to a category called “Featured” and it gets on the front page.
(Similar to sticky posts, but the posts are kept seperate)
- VERY Minimal theme, only Two images, and one css file!
- Colors easy to change, only two green colors in css, find and replace for whole new look!
- 7 Widget areas, Sidebar 1, Sidebar 2, Pre Header, Header,Pre Article,Post Article, Footer
- WordPress 3 Required for Menus and Post Queries
- A Very Simple Theme, means few files to edit, and loads very fast! My own demo site loads in under 2 seconds, without caching!
The Second Menu (menu2.php) Has 5 Hard-coded links:
- New – Newest posts on top.
- Lately Popular – Shows Posts with most views on top (Uses Custom Field to store post views, so the number of views can be edited if desired)
- Shuffle – Shows Random Posts.
- Best Ever – Shows the “Featured” category. Requires Slug to be /category/Featured/ – changable via menu2.php.
- Commented – Shows posts with most comments on top.
All of the above was achieved via WordPress 3 api’s, so NO PLUGINS REQUIRED! Woot!!
Creative Commons Attribution Required. All free things come with strings attached now-a-days, so just leave the footer links alone. That’s all there is to it! I’m thinking about selling a no Attribution version for those interested.
Planned Features to come:
- Random Posts Widget for the sidebars
- Custom Category and Tag pages to mimmik the out pages
- Custom Post Templates, for making posts the redirect to external urls if desired or to look different.
- RSS Links
- Better Comments
- Post Ratings? Maybe…
- ?? Open to suggestions ??
Simple themes require a little more footwork to setup, so after you upload it, let’s get it on with a checklist!
- Step 1: Logo! Change it by replacing /images/2logo.jpg with your own!
- Step 2: CHMOD the cache folder to 777 this is where timthumb saves thumbnails to make your site load faster.
- Step 3: Create a Menu, and save it as the Primary menu. ( Apearance -> Menus )
- Edit style.css and do a Find/Replace on #66AE3E to change the theme color.
- Article box hover color is #d3eac7 in the CSS to change
Demo & DownloadView 2Clone Live Demo Download 2Clone WordPress Theme